Wed 04 May 2022 [09:10]
We are very pleased to announce that the Management Committee has decided that from tomorrow Wednesday 4th May the WA Ostomy team will open the doors at the headquarters again for you to collect your supplies.
We would like to thank you all very much for your patience, acceptance to have your supplies posted and understanding that we put those measures in place to avoid a Covid outbreak amongst our staff and volunteers which would have consequently resulted in lengthy delays in providing supplies to many of your fellow ostomates.
Our Stomal Therapy Nurses will keep seeing you with APPOINTMENTS ONLY for the time being. Please call us on 9272 1833 or send an inquiry via our website www.waostomy.org.au if you are having issues and your stoma needs to be reviewed.
Despite the relaxed restrictions the risk of spreading Covid is still there. Being the only place in WA you can obtain your stoma products, we class ourselves as a ´HIGH RISK SETTING´ and as such, we ask you to please comply with the following when you do come to visit:
1) Wear a well fitted mask that covers your mouth and nose at all times (do not pull it down when you are talking)
2) Wait outside if there are more than 3 other Ostomates waiting to be served
3) Do not come into the association if you are not feeling well
4) Do not come to the association if you suspect you have been in contact with a person that has contracted Covid 19
5) Do not request to see the stomal therapy nurse without an appointment
We thank you in advance for your compliance
Our staff and volunteers are also doing our best to avoid the association being shut or having a large number of us off for Covid reasons. We are wearing our masks at all times (unless eating or drinking) in the building, stagger our breaks and practice social distancing.
“WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER”
Thank you and maybe see you soon J